Saturday, January 1, 2011

Rear View Mirrors

As a truck driver, I depended on my mirrors. Not necessarily to show me where I had been, but to show me what was sneaking up on me.

Unfortunately, life doesnt give us blind spot mirrors, so we can see where we have been, but seldom see the surprises until they are right there in our lane.

So, a look back at 2010 shows me a whole stretch of highway I'm not sure I want to travel again, but doesnt tell me what may be lurking around the next hairpin turn.

Life is full of surprises.

When I met Diann, that was a surprise. When Bingo entered our life that was a surprise. Some surprises are good.

But life has a way of balancing the good with the bad, I guess so we can appreciate the good a little more. And right now, I'm feeling a bit unbalanced.

So, Dear 2011, please be a bit kinder, a bit gentler, than 2010.

I dont recall breaking any mirrors.

It's time for some GOOD luck.

1 comment:

  1. Troy I am so ready for some good to happen in my life so I totally understand. Enough of the scary and not good surprises and back to the good kind! hugs to you this New Years Day!

    ReplyDelete