Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Kreativ Blogger Award

I was recently nominated by Alea at
Premeditated Leftovers for the Kreativ Blogger Award.

I am flattered, and would like to thank Alea for this generous compliment.

Curious as to the origins of this award, (and frankly, because I love to research such things) I did a bit of cybersnooping and discovered a few things.

The Award was originally designed in May of 2008 by Hulda Verden of Norway. The original design was pieced together from scrapbook paper and looked like this:



The Norwegian origin explains the interesting spelling of the award.

It appears that the award, much like most things in blogosphere, has morphed over time. Hulda originally designed the award and presented it to 4 people who she felt had creative blogs. They were each encouraged to nominate 4 more people, and pass the award along.

Different variations of the rules have included passing the award on to 4, 5, 6. and 7 people. At some point someone added a twist and included a provision to list things that brought you happiness or things for which you were thankful.

Latest variations of the rules state that the recipient should list 7 things about themselves that others may not know, and nominate 7 other blogs for the award.

There isn't any real information available as to when the original design was replaced with a brighter more colorful,computer generated design, or who designed the new logo, which looks like this:



In the spirit of continuity, since Alea used the 7/7 format when she nominated me, I will continue that format.

So, first 7 things you may not know about me.

1- I am a lifetime member of the International Thespian Society.

2- I can name all the books in the Bible in order from memory.

3- I have been in 47 of the 50 United States, and in Mexico and Canada, but have never traveled outside the North American continent.

4- My second toe on each foot is longer than my "big" toe.

5- I met President Ronald Reagan, and shook his hand, on October 29, 1982, in Salt Lake City Utah.

6- I am allergic to aspirin.

7- My name is on the moon. In 1978, I got my Eagle Scout Award, President Jimmy Carter, a strong supporter of the Boy Scouts of America Program, had a capsule created, containing the names of all Eagle Scout recipients that year. This was as part of ceremonies honoring Eagle Scout astronauts and was sent to the moon in 1979 in commemoration of the 10th anniversary of the Apollo 11 landing.

And now, the 7 blogs I would like to nominate for the Kreativ Blogger award:
These are blogs that I read, for inspiration, relaxation, entertainment, information, or just plain enjoyment.

1- My favorite blogger in the whole world:
Diann at
The Thrifty Groove
Because her creativity is the inspiration for many of my posts. Because she has patiently shown me how to do most of the technical things I do on my blog. and because, although she has been blogging longer than me, blogs more frequently than me, and has much more traffic on her blog than mine, she has mysteriously never yet been nominated for such a blog award, although she deserves many!

And the other six, in no particular order:

2- Christine at The Daily Postcard
Because her creative sense of humor makes me smile.


3- Karyn at CanDarbryGarden
Who creates amazing baskets from used plastic grocery bags and creates other amazing things from jun.. er ..Thrift Store Finds.


4- Anni at Hootin Anni's
who creates fun graphics for her blog, and some to share.


5- Tom at Seventh Street Cottage
Who finds time, between creating all of the new starts and cuttings for his landscaping, and remodeling his home to create an informative and interesting blog.


6- Mrs. Mac at The Thrifty Garden/Home
Who manages to create incredible meals for her family from seemingly thin air..


7- Linda at Fox Tales
Whose crafts, creative ideas and yummy recipes have created a cozy country home.


Please visit all seven of them, and check out their creative blogs.

9 comments:

  1. Well, Troy, thank you very much! Your thoughts and recognition made my day fill with sunshine!!

    I loved reading your seven pieces of your life...that one fact that your name is ON The MOON is astounding. High 5!!!!

    Thanks again.
    I'll be honored to post this on my blog soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your #7 is so cool!

    I am a new reader and I really like your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a very interesting person, Troy! Enjoyed reading today's post and congrats on your recognition award!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool list! Congrats on your award.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Troy, this was so nice of you. I take my inspiration from other bloggers, so I am off to see your other nominees! Hmm, now how much of me should I reveal?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Troy. I'm just happy to know that people want to read my blog and enjoy it. I've really enjoyed your blog and all the research you do. You deserve the award.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and I may be related if according to #4;)

    Thanks for the honor ... after I whip up dinner from whatever is on hand .. I'll be back to claim that award.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why am I not surprised that you reaserched the origins of this award? I love it! I am going to add a post script to my post telling people to come read about the award here.

    I can only say the books of the Bible in order if I sing them and you don't want to here that! I can actually make my children behave by threatening to sing. If they are really bad I tell them that I will sing while playing the piano. Works like a charm every time. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw shucks sweetheart! Thank you for thinking of me for this award.

    I love you XXOO

    ReplyDelete