Tuesday, February 8, 2011

ABC 4.2.8 D Dips and Dry Rubs



OK, Here it is, ABC Wednesday time again. This is the day to join in the ABC Wednesday Challenge, and share a little bit of our world with friends all over the world, and learn about them as well, one letter at a time. You can participate too, in either the sharing, or the learning, or both, by visiting ABC Wednesday.

This week we are DISCUSSING the letter



My Favorite D is DIANN, of course, but she never lets me take pictures of her and put them on my blog. She is too DEMURE.

I have been busy making up packets of Herb Dip and Dry Rub, so, I thought I would share my process with you.

I use what Bingo calls my Dip Maker, a DANDY little DEVICE of my own DESIGN.



Built from PVC Pipe, it allows me to fill 12 bags at once, in assembly line fashion, instead of having to make them one at a a time.



I first place a bag on the end of each of the 12 vertical tubes.





Then I add the ingredients at the top.


And, if everything goes as planned, they DROP DOWN the tubes and come out the bottom, into the bags.


Dry rub is all mixed up in a bowl, then measured into the bags. Dip mixes are added to the bag, one ingredient at a time, so I can ensure that each packet has the same amount of each herb and spice.

I use a DIGITAL scale and check myself often, to make sure I use just the right amounts.



Then, when they are all filled, I just have to add labels,


And then they are all ready to sell.





Just like that! DIPS and DRY-RUBS all DONE!

Now head on over to DENISE'S Blog and see what everyone else came up with for the letter D

6 comments:

  1. Troy this was fun to see how you prepare you packets of herbs. You are very clever to have come up with this 'dip maker'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's awesome! I swear, between you & Diann and that little sweet pea of yours, y'all must just have the best time at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is a dandy contraption!

    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  4. Decidedly a dainty contraption. Love the design of the packs; chive and dill dip, mmm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very thoughtful D words.
    vivid capture of your message of words on D,

    beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete