Monday, August 23, 2010

Tuesday Trivia Tie-in #24



Welcome to Tuesday Trivia Tie-in, where I invite and encourage everyone to join, with a post about something they find interesting.

My posts are usually about one of the ties in my collection, but yours can be about anything!I only ask that you include some little known information that relates to your topic.

I am going to cheat a little bit this week. I can't sit for very long at the computer yet. A few minutes at a time is about all I can do, so I am going to repost a tie.

This is the first tie I ever posted about, and is still one of my favorite ties, it came from the stand at the indoor flea market that started this whole thing. Here is the post, as it appeared January 26 2010.

My first featured tie is one of my favorites, in fact the first one that caught my eye when I walked past the stand.



Officially called “Going Nuts” this tie was designed by Vicky Davis of New York. It features a Crescent Wrench and a nut/bolt, on a vivid red background. Vicky Davis Ties are made in the USA and are 100% silk. You can see lots of other Vicky Davis patterns here.



From the front the nut/bolt looks like a tie tac. But it’s actually just an ornamental rivet.



My pictures show not only my tie, but my cool pliers tie bar that Diann got me for Christmas.
Those that follow her blog may remember seeing her talk about it here.



And for those who can’t help but notice the wrinkles in the shirt, I am not actually wearing this shirt. It is one that has not been ironed, I just grabbed it as a backdrop for the tie.


So, that is my "Going Nuts" Tie, the first tie featured in the Troy's Tuesday Tie Trivia series.

And now for some basic “wrench” trivia.

*A wrench is a tool made for tightening or loosening bolts, nuts or anything that needs to turn. Solymon Merrick patented the first wrench in 1835.


*Charles Moncky invented the monkey wrench around 1858.


*Crescent wrench is actually a brand name for an adjustable wrench which features a sliding jaw. The Crescent Tool Company’s version was so widely used that it became the common name of the tool for many situations.



*When someone twists a knee, ankle wrist or shoulder, suddenly and violently, resulting in a sprain, it is often said that they “wrenched” that particular joint.


OK, now it's your turn. Write a post about something you enjoy, be sure to include some interesting, little known information and then add your link to the list.



Be sure and join me each Tuesday for Tuesday Trivia Tie-in, where readers are invited to share trivia and show off their treasures.
Read all about it here

0 comments:

Post a Comment