Monday, May 31, 2010

Tuedsay Trivia Tie-in # 14, ABC Wednesday Challenge-- T



I'm cheating a bit this week, and combining a couple of posts. Life has been a barrel of fun here the last week, and time has been of the essence.

So, Welcome to Tuesday Trivia Tie-in, where today the topic of the week is the letter:

Please take some time to check out what others were INSPIRED to blog about this week, at

ABC Wednesday,

and feel free to add your own blog to the list as we work our way through the alphabet.

I will also be joining
Tam at
The Gypsy Corner, for
Three or More Tuesday.


OK, so now on to today's post!

I knew that for my T week, I could TALK about THYME, or TARRAGON, But I have covered them both extensively Here and Here respectively. An obvious T was TROY, and I TRIED to get Diann to blog about me, because she always manages to make me look so good I don't even recognize myself when she TALKS about me.

The next most obvious T was TIES. This was a perfect opportunity for me to show off THREE TIES that our good friend Linda bought for me on a recent TRIP to TEXAS.

Linda has joined TUESDAY TRIVIA TIE-IN every week since it started, even when she was in TEXAS, and I was Honored and flattered when she sent me some ties from her TRIP.

The first TIE is a TABASCO TIE.

TABASCO has an entire line of silk ties with their logo and various other scenes. You can see some of their other designs by clicking here.



I have a couple in my collection, and this one was a welcome addition. It has chili peppers, collegiate symbols, and the letters U and T, representing the University of TEXAS. The deep red will look good with almost all of the colors in my wardrobe, and the pattern is subtle enough that I can wear it for most occasions.

The next is a Prince Consort tie featuring oil wells.
Again, a very subtle print, on a dark navy background makes it a versatile tie.
This tie also has a Unique feature that I have never seen before.

Prince Consort made a series of ties called the Golden Clasp Series, that incorporated a built in tie clasp. This clasp was invented by Arnold H. Schreter of Baltimore MD and was registered with the US Patent Office in 1976. You can read all about it here.

The THIRD TIE from TEXAS is a DIMODA,


Hand Made 100% Silk Tie that features license plates from all over the USA.


One look at this TIE brings back memories of TIMES we have TRAVELLED all over the country, as a TRUCKER and reminds me of all the good TIMES we have had.


I Love to TRAVEL, and will jump at any excuse for a road TRIP. Perhaps this TIE should become my TRAVELLING TIE. I can put it on and head out on a road TRIP.

I'm not sure that this is the best TIME of the year to head for TEXAS though.


So there are my THREE TIES from TEXAS, and I'd like to say THANKS once again to Linda for THINKING of me while she was TRAVELLING.

And now for some quick TRIVIA,

TABASCO is the brand name for hot sauce made from TABASCO peppers (Capsicum frutescens var. tabasco), vinegar, and salt, and aged in white oak barrels for three years. Marketed by McIlhenny Company of Avery Island, Louisiana.

Although produced in the United States, it acquired its name from the state of Tabasco in Mexico.

Tabasco sauce was invented in 1868 by Edmund McIlhenny. Initially McIlhenny used discarded cologne bottles to distribute his sauce to family and friends, and in 1868 when he started to sell to the public he ordered thousands of new "cologne bottles" from a New Orleans glassworks. It was in these that the sauce was first commercially distributed, sharing even to today a striking similarity to contemporary packaging for 4711 brand cologne.

Tabasco brand pepper sauce is sold in more than 160 countries and territories and is packaged in 22 languages and dialects. 720,000 two-ounce bottles of Tabasco Sauce are produced daily at the Tabasco factory on Avery Island. Bottles range from the common two-ounce and five-ounce bottles, up to a one US gallon jug for food service businesses, and down to the 1/8th-ounce (3.7 ml) miniature bottle that the US military has included in Meals, Ready-to-Eat (MREs), since the 1980s.

And finally, back in my truck driving days, I picked up a load of Tabasco sauce on Avery Island, and delivered it to several restaurant supply houses in New York and New Jersey. It ranged in sizes from the miniature bottles all the way up to 55 gallon drums that were delivered to a place that makes buffalo wing sauce. 55 Gallons is a whole lot of hot sauce!


So now it's your turn. Enter your link below, showing off your TREASURES, and remember to include a little bit of TRIVIA about them!



8240

10 comments:

  1. What a great selection of ties! You have such a knack for talking very fun and informative stuff at your blog. I always like to stop by. Have a great week! Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am honored to have provided the inspiration for your T post and your Trivia about Tabasco! I love the logo you made with Texas/Ties...toooo funny! I may have to add that to my blog to advertise your blog!!And you are right, it is way too hot in Texas right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooops I entered on McLinky instead of leaving a comment here - Hope I didn't mess up your whole TUESDAY. I like the license plate tie - it fits you to a T.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the red ties, so eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very interesting post! I don't know much about ties, but this looks to me a great collection. It is however advisable not to use Tabasco as if it were 4911 or the other way round.LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a Lyle Lovett song stuck in my brain: that's right You're Not from Texas =- Texas wants you anyway. LOVE that song. Love those ties!

    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never really gotten a taste for tabasco. It's just a tad too hot for me! I do remember a show I was in years and years ago, where I was one of the background singers (play-back) and the big band orchestra pretended to play ànd be dogs at the same time. One of the guys would get a sugar cube as a treat, but the conductor had his little bottle of tabasco at the ready! He absolutely doused the sugar with tabasco and then handed it to the poor unsuspecting guy. As soon as he put it in his mouth, he knew something was wrong, but he had to eat the sugar. He was crying because of the heat of the tabasco and we were crying of laughter. Good times!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! I should have guessed this post would contain ties! LOL!

    Interesting trivia about Tabasco sauce, too. I never eat the stuff, but it was still fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Once again, your ties are amazing! Glad you are having a fun week - I've been having fun too, with my GD staying with us till Saturday. She makes everything fun!

    ReplyDelete