Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!


I don't get into the whole touchy-feely thing very much. I don't wear my feelings on my sleeve and as a general rule, I try to keep emotion out of my blog and just stick with fact and reality.

But sometimes, emotions ARE fact and reality.

I am thankful, every day for some of the things in my life, so, it being Thanksgiving and all, I thought I'd take a minute and reflect a bit.

I'm thankful that I have a wife who loves me, no matter what, unconditionally. I'm thankful for that goofy little girl who drives me crazy and wears out the last of my patience, then crawls in my lap, lays her head on my shoulder and makes it all worth it.

I'm thankful, dare I say it, for the trials that we have faced in the last four years. My injury caused me a lot of pain, but it showed me the things that really mattered. It helped me know who my friends were and learn what a true friend really is.

It got me out of an occupation that destroys people slowly, mentally and physically, and forced me to take another path in life. it hasn't always been an easy path, but it leads where I want to go.

It's helped Diann and I to learn more about each other and by facing trials together, to get stronger together.

I am Thankful for family and friends and the roles they play in our lives.

And I am thankful to each of the loyal people who wade through my blog and leave me the comments that inspire me to keep going.

Each of you help make it all worth it.

And if you don't have anything else to be thankful for on Thanksgiving, be thankful you aren't a turkey!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!


    ... and thank you for your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Troy,
    Beautifully said, Have a happy Thanksgiving.
    vickie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must have worked for the Rail road!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Troy -
    I have Mr. Linky up and running for GET R DONE FRIDAY, if you care to join in. I couldn't find your email addy anywhere, so am sending this in the comments for you.
    You have a lot to be thankful for, and I'm so glad you could easily list them. Sometimes people struggle to think of things, but its the smallest stuff that makes life so grand!
    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete