Friday, September 11, 2009

Shameless Plug - Herbs For Decorating

Some of you may be aware that my wife Diann has a blog, dedicated to all things thrifty and frugal.
It's a much faster paced than my little corner of the blogosphere. I post once or twice a week, and she posts several times a day, every day.

Usually, when it comes to blogging, she does her thing, and I do mine, with an occasional overlap. She helped me get started, patiently shows me how to do all the tricky stuff, does it for me if I can't figure it out, and every once in a while she even gets on my blog and fixes the messes that I make.

Hmm... not so different from how our home works now that I think about it.

Every time I do an Herb of the Week post, she highlights it on her blog, and adds her own ideas about that herb. She usually even includes a few more recipes.

Today, she has a post showing off her thrifty decorating skills, and wouldn't you know it, she managed to incorporate some of our fresh herbs into her decor.

I'm always impressed when she manages to take a bag, or a box, filled of what to me closely resembles potential compost, and she comes up with an incredible wreath, or tablescape (she taught me that word, I went 35 years of my life and never heard it).

So, this was no exception. She had all this stuff, and she started playing, and by the time she was done, she had these really nice decorations in our home.

You should check out her post A Little Autumn Decorating - Thrifty Style and see just a sample of the many reasons I am so proud and happy to have such a talented, creative, thrifty and smart wife.

3 comments:

  1. Troy
    she is very talented --I'll be back and trying her ideas soon just my lavendar needs to bloom more so I can make a lavendar wand.
    vickie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice to hear a husband say nice things about their wife. She has some great ideas!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. {{{Blushing}}}

    Thank you Sweetheart. I love you! :)

    ReplyDelete